Monday 11 June 2012

Viva Las Vegas!!!

Ok, so I'm typing this from Las Vegas. No I'm not dreaming, I'm actually sat in Bellagio in Las Vegas. I know I haven't updated this blog for a lonnnnng time, so what better reason to start than a 3 week trip to LAS BLOODY VEGAS eh!!

So yeh, about 2 weeks ago I get a phone call off Gra about 2 in the afternoon telling me to get myself on Facebook for a 3 way convo with him & Jas. At the time I had just woke up & was therefore pretty confused but I logged on anyway. At this point Jas basically offered to bankroll myself & Gra for a 3week trip to Vegas. WOW !! Everybody needs friends like Jas, trust me... This guy is a legend! (No more smoke to be blown up his arse if I can help it, hahaaaa. But on a serious note, really was an incredible offer by him & I'm so grateful for the opportunity. I hope I have a storming run out here so that he makes some decent money outta me too). 

So this was like the last few days of May & Jas was planning on flying direct from Thailand to Vegas around the 5th of June and he wanted us to get there about the same kinda time!! So off we pop onto all the internet sites looking at deals, and find a decent flight for the 5th. Me & Gra (in our wisdom) decide to just book a hotel for the 1st two nights, then we will just go round to all the hotels while we are in Vegas to sort the accomodation for the other 19nights. 

Fast forward a few days & we are at the airport at 6:30am on the 5th June, checkin in then sat in the departure lounge having a beer & literally giggling and super excited like 2 kids on christmas eve, we are off to Vegas... The thought of the 15hrs of travelling & waiting does ZERO to dampen our spirits!! Banter is flowing & morale is at an all-time high. The first leg of the journey (into Newark) is broken up for me by watchin 21 Jump St, pretty good film which I wud recommend to you all. Unfortunately we have to endure some of THE worst in-flight food I have ever seen & tasted too but nevermind eh!! The 5hr wait in Newark for our connecting flight is broken up by us watching episodes of High Stakes Poker on my laptop while drinkin beers in an Irish Pub. 6 hours later & we are in Vegas, popping down an escalator to baggage claim & we are met by Jas who has a sign saying "Fish" as though he is our taxi driver! I thought it was pretty funny anyway! As we go outside to get a taxi some limo driver says to us "need a riiiide guys?". Before I can say "no its alright, we are just gonna get a taxi", Jas has pretty much accepted this guys offer & we are in a limo heading down the strip!!! 

Despite both being pretty tired, we dropped our luggage off in our room at Flamingo, grabbed a bite to eat & were over in Bellagio waiting for a seat to play. Jas is staking both Gra & myself to play $2/5 but for the first night we decided to just play $1/2. Gra ran up a profit within about 2hrs and headed off to bed! I was more hardcore & managed a good 8 or so hours, more than doubling my buy-in. Happy days & good start for us!

I'm gonna leave it there for now, but I will try to get a blog update out in the next 36 hrs as have only just touched the surface here & have another couple of days to update you all on.

No comments:

Post a Comment